We take part in several racing leagues throughout the year – there are no requirements of speed or ability, you just need to be willing to give it a go. If you are unsure or nervous, ask a committee member, a run leader or coach.
- HRRL (Hampshire Road Race League) – Road races starting in September and finishing in July (details below).
- Hampshire Cross-Country League – free to members (but you must register before the first event), winter cross-country races (details below).
- CC6 – free to members, winter cross-country races, Sunday mornings (go to the ‘Fixtures’ tab to see all races).
- RR10 – free to members, summer cross-country races, Wednesday evenings.
For more details on each race series, have a look below.
Races are a great way to connect with your fellow runners, and we typically grab a drink or a bite to eat afterwards. We also have several socials a year that are not directly related to a running event – though rest assured that running will be a hot conversation topic. 🙂 Yearly staples include the Billy Bash (our annual awards ceremony) and a summer BBQ.
Finally, we love a bit of Parkrun Tourism. So, if you want to venture further afield or work on your P-Index, why not join?
Our calendar of upcoming races and socials is below. We will keep this up-to-date.
Races & Socials – calendar
Hampshire Road Running League
The Hampshire Road Race League (HRRL) is a league of road races in Hampshire, Wiltshire and the Isle of Wight. It consists of races organised by local clubs (including Lordshill Road Runners), with distances ranging from five miles up to half marathon. Club members taking part earn scores for their club, with prizes awarded at the end of the season. Every Lordshiller taking part in each event helps to contribute towards our scores. There is also an individual league for all male and female runners taking part, with many age categories. If you would like to find out more about the team or individual scoring systems check out the HRRL Website for a detailed explanation. We are proud to see many of our members at the various fixtures throughout the season.
Hampshire Cross-Country League & Championship
The Hampshire Cross-Country League sees teams from all over the county compete against one another, and we welcome entrants of all abilities from across our club. Races are free to enter, but you have to wear a club vest or t-shirt and register before the first event. Men and women race separately at these events, with each race run over the same approximate distance, with the same start time, as follows:
- Senior Women – 6km – Start time: 13:35
- Senior Men – 10k – Start time: 14:30
If there are any issues or questions, please get in touch with your captains.
English National Cross-Country Championship
Date: 24 Feb 2024
Venue: Telford, near Birmingham
An annual event, with the venue rotated around England (south, midlands, north); see the website of the English Cross Country Association for more details. Please register your interest by emailing or sending a Facebook message to the club so that we can arrange subsidised club transport. You need to be an affiliated member and LRR needs to be your first claim running club.
As well as participating in numerous races in the local area, Lordshill Road Runners organise a number of races (for CC6, RR10 and HRRL). We need your help as volunteers to marshal and organise these races.
- Lordshill 10K – 7 July 2024
LRR Championship races
Each year the committee chooses races to form the various club championship races. The 2023 & 2024 races are:
- 2023 Long distance age-graded championship race: Gosport Half Marathon – 19 Nov 2023
- 2024 Long distance age-graded championship race: Salisbury 10 Mile – 17 Mar 2024
- 2024 Club Championship – Romsey 5 Mile Beer Race – 2 June 2024
- 2024 Short distance age-graded championship race: tbc