As a Lordshill member it is free for you to participate in RR10 races. The only stipulations are:
- you must be a fully paid up member (ie you have had your membership confirmed by email from the membership secretary);
- you must wear a club vest;
- you sign in on the clipboard when you arrive.
The RR10 league is a series of 10 cross-country races that take place in parks and forests across south-west Hampshire. Routes are about 4-5 miles long, across a variety of terrains including grass, gravel and mud.
RR10 races are on Wednesday evenings during the spring and summer. Start times vary between 7.00pm, 7.15pm and 7.30pm depending on the sunset time. There is a race every fortnight during the season.
What happens at an RR10?
- Arrive – get to the venue, park, walk to the start.
- Sign in – a member of Lordshill Road Runners will have a clipboard (one for males, one for females), and will record your attendance. This is important for ensuring all our runners get back safely.
- Mingle – if you’re early enough, have a chat to your LRR mates.
- Warm up – make sure you’re loose and ready to run!
- Line up – head to the start line and position yourself appropriately.
- Finish – once you cross the finish line, take a position token; note that there is a different token for males and females.
- Register position – take your token to the person with the clipboard.
- Warm down – avoid aches and stiffness later by gently cooling down and stretching.
- Social – often we will head to a pub for a catch up.
RR10 races are untimed. You receive a position token at the end of the race, which you hand to the member of the club who is collecting our results, but if you don’t run the entire race, please do not accept a token. Teams score as the sum of the positions of team members (5 in men’s team, 3 in women’s team).
Lordshill organise the Itchen Valley Country Park RR10. Members are not allowed to run in their own club’s race, but your presence will be greatly appreciated as a volunteer!
RR10 2016 Schedule
Our runners’ 2016 Results