What is an RR10?
The RR10 series is a series of free, off-road races organised by clubs in the south of Hampshire, including Lordshill Road Runners. Routes are about 4-5 miles long, across a variety of terrains including grass, gravel and mud.
They take place on selected Wednesday evenings during the spring and summer at a range of venues.
Any member of the participating clubs can take part in the races. Each club takes it in turn to host a race, meaning members don’t run and instead offer our support as marshalls. Due to the number of runners now taking part in the series, each club now drops out of a further two races to give everyone a chance to run throughout the season.
2019 RR10 fixtures
Lordshill members can take part in the following RR10 races this season;
- Wednesday 17th April – 7pm – Royal Victoria Country Park
- Wednesday 15th May – 7:30pm – Wilverley Inclosure, New Forest
- Wednesday 29th May – 7:30pm – Cadland Estate, Blackfield
- Wednesday 5th June – 7:30pm – Fleming Park, Eastleigh
- Wednesday 12th June – 7:30pm – Hursley Park & Ampfield
- Wednesday 19th June – 7:30pm – Manor Farm Country Park
- Wednesday 3rd July – 7:30pm – University Sports Fields, Wide Lane, Eastleigh
- Wednesday 17th July – 7:30pm – Janesmoor Pond, New Forest
- Wednesday 14th August – 7pm – IBM Hursley Park
Note: Start times vary throughout the season depending on the time of sunset. Don’t forget to check carefully in advance!
We are hosting on;
- Wednesday 31st July – 7pm – Itchen Valley Country Park
Remember, Lordshill members cannot take part in this race but we’d love you to come along to marshall and support the event.
What should I do if I want to take part in an RR10?
As a Lordshill member, it is free for you to participate in RR10 races. The only stipulations are:
- you must be a fully paid-up member (i.e. you have had your membership confirmed by email from the membership secretary);
- you must wear a club vest;
- you sign in on the clipboard when you arrive.
What happens at an RR10?
- Arrive – get to the venue, park, walk to the start.
- Sign in – a member of Lordshill Road Runners will have a clipboard (one for ladies, one for gents), and will record your attendance. This is important for ensuring all our runners get back safely.
- Mingle – if you’re early enough, have a chat to your LRR clubmates.
- Warm up – make sure you’re loose and ready to run!
- Line up – head to the start line and position yourself appropriately.
- Finish – once you cross the finish line, take a position token; note that there is a different token for males and females.
- Register your position – take your token to your Lordshill Captains with their clipboards.
- Warm down – avoid aches and stiffness later by gently cooling down and stretching.
- Cheer on – join us to cheer home all our clubmates as they cross the finishing line. Or why not take a warm down jog back along the course to cheer on our runners?
RR10 races are untimed. You’ll receive a position token at the end of the race, which you hand to our club Captains who will be collecting our results, but if you don’t run the entire race, please do not accept a token. Teams score as the sum of the positions of team members (5 in men’s team, 3 in women’s team).