The CC6 is a series of 8 (formerly 6) cross-country races that take place in and around the Southampton and New Forest area. The routes around 4-5 miles in distance, across a variety of terrains including grass, mud, gravel and sand. They are tremendous fun and we encourage runners of all abilities to take part.
All CC6 races start at 9.30am on Sunday mornings throughout the winter. There is about one race a month during the season.
As a Lordshill member, it is free for you to participate in CC6 races. The only stipulation is that you wear a club vest and that you may not run in your own club’s event.
CC6 races are untimed. You receive a position token at the end of the race, which you hand to the member of the club who is collecting our results. Teams score as the sum of the positions of team members (4 in the men’s team, 3 in the women’s team).
CC6 fixtures for Autumn Winter 2019/20
- 1st September 2019 – Fleming Park, Eastleigh
- 13th October 2019 – Manor Farm, Bursledon
- 24th November 2019 – Dibden Inclosure, New Forest
- 8th December 2019 – Janesmoor Pond, New Forest – this race is hosted by Lordshill Road Runners with Wessex Road Runners. Lordshill members may not take part but are invited to help marshall and support on the day
- 5th January 2020 – Badger Farm, Winchester
- 19th January 2020 – Kings Garn Gutter, New Forest
- 16th February 2020 – Ashurst Campsite, New Forest
- 8th March 2020 – Wilverley, New Forest
You can find out more about this league, including fixtures and results on the CC6 website.