At Lordshill Road Runners we strive to live up to our claim to be ‘Southampton’s friendliest club’ and to help and encourage our members to fulfil their running goals in a mutually supportive, friendly environment. We care about each club member and also about the public perception of our club within the local area.
While we do our best to safeguard the well-being of our members, we are committed to reacting to any complaints should they arise, whether from Club members or from the public. The Club committee will listen carefully to complaints and will respond to the complainant in a considerate, timely and constructive manner. The following procedures aim to ensure that this happens.
- If you have a complaint you should not hesitate to contact a member of the Club Committee, initial contact can be made here. Please note that this page may not connect you directly with a committee member so please don’t discuss anything confidential. Direct contact details will be provided on request.
- Names and positions of the Club Committee are available from the Club web-site at: http://www.lordshillroadrunners.org.uk/about-us/committee-members/
- If you have initially made your complaint verbally – whether face-to-face or over the phone – please also make it in writing or email, addressed to the committee member. This is to ensure that we fully understand exactly what your complaint is and have a written record of it.
- Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
- Within twenty-one days of receipt of your written summary we will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been taken.
- We will try to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction. If you are happy with the outcome of our investigation into your complaint, the matter will conclude.
- If the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, we agree to the referral of your complaint.
- The referral of your complaint would be to England Athletics, who have a Grievance Procedure for Affiliated Members available for download from www.englandathletics.org